I’m very excited to announce that I will be holding The Monologue Challenge this year! Open from July 15 – August 15 2021, with 2 chosen winners receiving a prize money of 100 USD and 50 USD. Full details below.
How to Join
- Take a video of yourself performing the monologue that I wrote titled Pluck, Cut, Pluck. The monologue can be downloaded here.
- Upload the video latest by August 15th 2021 on one of these three channels: your Youtube channel, your Instagram TV, or your Facebook page. Use the title Pluck, Cut, Pluck, A Monologue. The caption must mention Written By Airin Efferin. Use the hashtag #pluckcutpluck. In addition, participant must also upload the video to their google drive and let me access the videos. Make sure the channel you upload the video to is set on public (not private channel).
- When you have uploaded the video, fill this google form (latest by 15th August 2021) with the links of your uploaded videos.
- Two winners of The Monologue Challenge will be chosen and announced 31 August 2021 on my website. First prize winner receives 100 USD, Second prize winner receives 50 USD.
- Please note that I will download the videos of the winners and upload it also on my Youtube channel. Winners should agree to this.
- The Monologue Competition is open to everyone of all shapes and sizes. International winners will be paid via Paypal.
- One participant may only submit one video.
- Monologue must be performed in one take.
- Phone quality is alright, but the recording must be taken in a place where the audio can be clear. Avoid noisy backgrounds.
- Video should be taken horizontal, not vertical.
- Setting is completely up to the creativity, imagination, and resource of the participant.
- Winners will be chosen based on their performance, interpretation, and also the clarity of audio and video quality.
- I am thoroughly funding this competition myself, there are no sponsorships or donations involved.
- Pluck, Cut, Pluck, is a monologue I wrote. If you wish to use the monologue script for further use, do have the courtesy to ask my permission. Or…beware my wrath.
- If you have any questions, you can contact me.
- Last but not least, HAVE FUN and enjoy exploring beauty ideals as conveyed through the monologue!